Author Topic: MOOVIN' Looking For Crew  (Read 204 times)

TJCordell

• View Profile
MOOVIN' Looking For Crew
« on: January 03, 2017, 05:41:50 PM »
Moovin has several openings for the 2017 season. She is an Olson 911and can sail with up to eight crew. We are looking for folks that like the challenge of spin racing but still enjoy the company of a laidback crew. We sail Tuesday races and 4 to 5 weekend regattas down river. Novice sailors welcome. Let us know. Tom

jschlupf

• View Profile
Re: MOOVIN' Looking For Crew
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 12:58:08 PM »
Hi Tom,

I am interested in being part of the crew but my availability would be limited to maybe a few races potentially.

I am a DISC member and Pentagon Sailing Club racing team member.
I currently have my ASA101/103 and have raced last DISC season in spin class (Gannet) and non-spin (Falcon). Both boats are Capri 22s

Our club teaching sailing classes through out the season which can sometimes leave our racing team out of some of the weekend events. These would be the times I would be available to crew. I won't know the exact schedule until PSC posts it for the year 2017.

Is that OK being a maybe?
If not, no worries. I understand if your looking for steady regular racing team.
I just love every opportunity to get out and race when it is available.

See ya out there 2017 season.

Best Regards,
Joe Schlupf
Pentagon Sailing Club

duanenmoore@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 08:50:01 PM »
Hi Tom,
I've been racing Jboats in Annapolis for the past 11 years - J24, J80, J120, but mostly J105.  I've been crewing pit and jib trimmer for the past 7 years, but have some experience on the foredeck.  I'm looking to getting into more Potomac river racing.

Thanks,
Duane
duaneNmoore@yahoo.com

briant595

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 02:57:02 PM »
Just wanted to check in and see if you were still looking for a crew for racing later tonight?
Let me know if your still looking for anyone, as I can fill in anywhere.
Thanks-
Brian

gayle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 03:20:32 PM »
Hi Tom,
Please send me an email with your contact info for a response to your ad.
I can provide a group of experienced team members to crew for you who have previously raced together.
thanks! sunsh143@excite.com

git-r-done

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 02:09:25 PM »
Hi Tom,

Are you still looking for crew?  I recently sold my S2 7.9 and am looking for a regular Tuesday night ride.  I might be able to help you guys sail faster.  I've been doing the Tuesday night races since 2003.

Cheers,
Bruce Baker