Author Topic: Rogue (Spin A) looking for crew  (Read 660 times)

Rogue

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Rogue (Spin A) looking for crew
« on: January 18, 2015, 05:39:17 PM »
I am looking for a crew member for 2015 and beyond.

Rogue is an Ultimate 24 sport boat built by Jim Antrim.  The current crew consists two guys and a girl 36-41.

I am looking for someone who can do most of the races listed below:

Tuesday nights from 4/14 - 9/22

Cherry Blossom Regatta - 4/11 (1/2 day regatta)
Southern Bay Race Week - 5/29 - 5/31 (Full Weekend regatta)
Geico Cup - 6/6 (1/2 day regatta)
Governor's Cup - 7/31 - 8/1 (Full Weekend regatta)
Leukemia Cup - 9/12 (1/2 day regatta)
Master's of the Potomac - 9/19 (Full Day regatta)

I would prefer someone who at least knows what a tell tale is and how to trim a main or jib according to the tell tale.

Send me a message at r!g@i#b!b@1#1 (minus the symbols) at gmail or send me a private message if interested.

eager2learn

• View Profile
Re: Rogue (Spin A) looking for crew
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 05:22:24 PM »
Hi,

Anyone still looking for crew?  I do know what a tell tale is and I am pretty sure I know how to trim the sails according to them, but beyond that, I am have to admit I am a newbie.  I will say that I am a quick learn, hard worker, dependable, and very eager to improve my sailing skills.  Let me know if you have any interest in teaching this old dog new tricks!

Thanks,  Al

efrantz89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 08:45:38 PM »
I've been sailing for about 15 years, though haven't raced since college (3 years ago).  I am familiar with smaller dinghies (Lightning, Laser, Flying Junior) but the 24 would be new to me.  I'm flexible with scheduling provided enough notice.

Thanks,

Eric

PeterRemmes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 06:52:26 PM »
 Moving to Alexandria in early August.  I have crewed in the Great Lakes on boats ranging from Jay 24 to C&C 40. Also have sailed offshore off the coast of Maine on Tamyra 42.  Most of my experience has been lightening fleets and have participated in a North American and world championship.  I've lived out in Denver for the last 13 years so may be a little rusty.  Joined a fleet out there but winds were too funky for real competition.  If there are still openings in September I may be interested.
Peter
720-879-7836

rbarron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 08:55:03 AM »
Call me. 703-720-0361. I have been the winning skipper in 3 of the 6 races you listed.

Henry Yung